<Rev. Holder is a pleasant young man eager to serve God. He can cast out demons and break curses. His little church provides certain spiritual items for donations, since it would be wrong for the church to sell them after all.>
I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
- Disobeyed the commandments of God or the Church?
- Denied the existence of God?
- Deliberately misled others about doctrine or the faith?
- Despaired about my salvation or the forgiveness of my sins?
- Presumed on God’s mercy? (Committing a sin in expectation of forgiveness, or
- asking for forgiveness without conversion and practicing virtue.)
- Loved someone or something more than God (money, power, sex, ambition, etc.)?
- Let someone or something influence my choices more than God?
- Been involved in the occult? (Seances, ouija board, worship of Satan, etc.)
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Used the name of God in cursing or blasphemy?
- Failed to keep vows or promises that I have made to God?
- Used vulgar, suggestive or obscene speech?
- Belittled others in my speech?
- Behaved disrespectfully in Church?
- Misused places or things set apart for the worship of God?
- Committed perjury? (Breaking an oath or lying under oath.)
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Set time aside each day for personal prayer to God?
- Missed Church on Sunday or Holy Days (through own fault w/o sufficient reason)?
- Habitually come late to and/or leave early from Church without a good reason?
Honor your father and your mother.
- (If still under my parents’ care) Obeyed all that my parents reasonably asked of me?
- Neglected the needs of my parents in their old age or in their time of need?
(If still in school) Obeyed the reasonable demands of my teachers?
- Neglected to give my children proper food, clothing, shelter, education, discipline and care?
- Provided for the religious education and formation of my children for as long as they are under my care?
- Educated my children in a way that corresponds to my religious convictions?
Provided my children with a positive, prudent and personalized education in the teaching on human sexuality?
- Been to my children a good example of how to live the Life of Faith?
- Prayed with and for my children and family?
- Lived in humble obedience to those who legitimately exercise authority over me?
- Have I broken the law?
You shall not kill.
- Unjustly and intentionally killed a human being?
- Been involved in an abortion, directly or indirectly?
- Seriously considered or attempted suicide?
- Deliberately desired to kill an innocent human being?
- Unjustly inflicted bodily harm an another person?
- Unjustly threatened another person with bodily harm?
- Verbally or emotionally abused another person?
- Hated another person, or wished him evil?
- Been prejudiced, or unjustly discriminated against others because of their race, color, nationality, sex or religion?
- Joined a hate group?
- Purposely provoked another by teasing or nagging?
- Recklessly endangered my life or health, or that of another, by my actions?
- Driven recklessly or under the influence of alcohol or other drugs?
- Abused alcohol or other drugs?
- Sold or given drugs to others to use for non-therapeutic purposes?
- Helped another to commit a mortal sin through advice, driving them somewhere, etc.?
- Indulged in serious anger?
- Treated animals cruelly, causing them to suffer or die needlessly?
Sixth & Ninth Commandments
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- Given in to lust?
- Deprived my spouse of the marital right, without just cause?
- Claimed my own marital right without concern for my spouse?
- Willfully entertained impure thoughts?
- Purchased, viewed, or made use of pornography?
- Listened to music or jokes that are harmful to purity?
- Committed adultery?
- Committed rape?
- Engaged in unnatural sexual activities?
- Engaged in prostitution, or paid for the services of a prostitute?
- Made uninvited and unwelcome sexual advances toward another?
- Purposely dressed immodestly?
Seventh & Tenth Commandments
You shall not steal.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
- Envied others on account of their possessions?
- Given generously to others in need?
- Considered that God has provided me with money so that I might use it to benefit
- others, as well as for my own legitimate needs?
- Practiced the works of mercy?
- Deliberately defaced, destroyed or lost another’s property?
- Cheated on a test, taxes, sports, games, or in business?
- Squandered money in compulsive gambling?
- Failed to honor my part of a contract?
- Failed to make good on a debt?
- Overcharge someone, especially to take advantage of another’s hardship or ignorance?
- Misused natural resources?
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- Knowingly and willfully deceived another?
- Perjured myself under oath?
- Committed detraction? (Destroying a person’s reputation by telling others about his faults for no good reason.)
- Committed slander or calumny? (Telling lies about another person in order to destroy his reputation.)
- Committed libel? (Writing lies about another person in order to destroy his reputation.)
- Failed to make reparation for a lie I told, or for harm done to a person’s reputation?
- Betrayed another’s confidence through speech?
- Other things to Consider
- Made a good Confession of my mortal sins least once a year?
- Made reparation for any harm I have done to others
- Abandoned my spouse and family?